San Joaquin Pest Control has prepared the following information to assist you in preparing your home for pest control service. Please follow the instructions listed for the problem you are having.
Important: The Environmental Protection Agency will not allow us to treat your home for the designated pests unless the instructions are followed completely as required by the label of the products we use.
GPC-Ants, roaches, spiders, silverfish, earwigs
- Remove, EVERYTHING from all kitchen and bathroom cabinets, drawers and counters. Do not forget medicine cabinet, toothbrushes, can openers, toasters, etc.
- Drawers must be emptied completely, if the problem persists in the bedroom areas all dresser drawers must also be emptied.
- Place all kitchen items on a table or couch out of the kitchen and cover them with a sheet. Any washing or cleaning of cabinets should be done before treatment. ONLY COUNTERTOPS, STOVETOPS, AND BREADBOARDS CAN BE WASHED AFTER TREATMENT.
- Remove all loose paper. Adhesive shelf paper may be left in place.
- Remove all items from the linen closets, hall closets, bedroom closets, etc. and place them in the center of the room, and cover with a sheet.
- Clothing on hangers may be left in place if you simply pull it to the center of the rack and cover with a sheet of plastic. We recommend lifting the clothing off the rack and placing the items on the bed.
- Remove ALL animals (Dogs, Cats, Birds, Reptiles, ETC.) Fish may be left in the unit; however, the filtration unit must be turned off and wrapped in plastic. The pump must remain off for 4-6 hours after treatment. (Please check with your local fish dealer regarding the lack of aeration) San Joaquin Pest Control will not be responsible for pets left in the unit during the treatment.
- Windows may be left open unless otherwise advised.
- We will lock all doors when leaving the home, make sure you have your keys for re-entry.
- You will be required to be out of your home for a minimum of 3-4 hours. When returning to your home if the odor is unpleasant aerate your home and return in an additional 2 hours.
- When you return home be sure that the product used is completely dry before returning your items to their designated location. DO NOT WASH THE CABINETS, as this will deactivate the product used and eliminate any results. Do not be alarmed if you see insects after spraying. The insect population will steadily decrease as the product takes effect. There should be significant reduction in activity after 7-10 days.
Fleas and Ticks
Remove all items from all floors and carpets (toys, shoes, pillows, magazines, racks, stereo equipment, etc.) except your furniture. Vacuum all carpets before treatment, then dispose of the vacuum bag in an outside trash container. Dogs and cats should be taken to a veterinarian for a flea bath or treatment. This treatment should be performed the same day as the service.
Perform preparation items #8, 9, 10, 11.
Stored Product Pests (i.e. Moths)
Remove all cereals, grain products, silk flowers, wicker, etc. Wrap all products in plastic and dispose of properly. Perform preparation items #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11.
ALWAYS PERFORM PREPARATION ITEM #7; NO TREATMENT WILL BE PERFORMED IF ANIMALS OR PEOPLE ARE LEFT IN THE HOME.
Download PDF instructions.